Here are some Tricks and Tips for living a Healthier Life in Cool Springs:
1. Doggie bag it. Portions at restaurants are growing bigger by the day. Tell yourself at the beginning of the meal that you only need half and ask your server for a to-go bag as soon as you’re done. This will prevent you from picking at your plate and provide you with some lovely leftovers for tomorrow.
2. Visualize your outcome. Cut a picture of the dress you like out of a magazine or hang a picture of you in your skinny jeans on the fridge. Whatever you’re aiming for, make sure it’s somewhere you can see it and make sure it’s a realistic goal.
3. Mind your menu. Eating out while trying to stay on track can be pretty challenging. Avoid overdoing your order by picking your meal ahead of time. Many restaurants have their menus available on their websites. Figure out what you want to fill up on and you’ll be ready to avoid temptation come dinnertime.
4. Pre-game for parties and gatherings. If you’ve got a party coming up, don’t fret over getting off track. Instead, fill up on a healthy meal before you go. You’ll have less of an appetite for greasy appetizers and still be able to enjoy the festivities.
5. Prevent idle hands. Being in front of the television is one of the biggest reasons people forget about portion control. To avoid bad snacking throughout a show, give your hands something else to do. Take up knitting, fill in a crossword or fold some laundry—the more your hands have to do, the less time they’ll spend reaching for food.
6. Stair step your goals. Having just one big goal may be simple, but it can be more frustrating to reach. Try adding a few small goals along the way, like going to the gym three days in a week or eating a vegetable at every meal. Small accomplishments will help make the whole experience more rewarding.
7. Close the kitchen. Chances are the more times you have to go into your kitchen each day, the more you’re going to be tempted to grab a bite to eat. As soon as you finish with each meal, clean up dishes and turn off the lights. Tell yourself that the kitchen is closed and find an activity in another room of your house.
8. Keep a diary. Just like when you were a kid and you wrote out what you did that day or how you were feeling, the practice of keeping a journal can be a great asset when you’re starting a weight-loss plan. Record what you’re eating and how you’re exercising. Also, take note of how you’re feeling during different times of the day. It will give you an idea of what’s working and where your routine could use improvement.
9. Be your biggest fan. If you don’t root yourself on, then no one will. Take some time each morning to look in the mirror and point out three things you like about yourself or what results you’ve seen. Focusing on the positive will give you a healthier outlook on your goals.
10. Don’t be a stress mess. Stress can sabotage your body’s ability to stick to a diet and trigger a lot of unhealthy choices. Find ways you can minimize your stress in your life and you’ll also minimize your bad eating habits.
11. Shop smarter. Never get groceries on an empty stomach. Time your trip after a meal or a small snack. When your tummy isn’t grumbling, you’ll be more likely to make healthier decisions. Take a list with you too. It will help keep you focused on the things you need and away from the things you don’t.
12. H2O. Drink plenty of water throughout your day to ensure that you have enough energy to stay on track. This gives some extra fuel and takes the edge off hunger.
13. BYOL (Bring Your Own Lunch). Taking your lunch to work is a great way to save some pennies and avoid fast food invitations. Plan out what you want to pack before each work week and you’ll save time making something in the morning. Add raw vegetables like carrots and celery to give your lunch some crunch.
14. Pose slimmer. Everyone knows the camera adds ten pounds. Make your next photo more flattering by placing one hand on your hip and leaning toward the opposite side. This will elongate your torso and make your arms look leaner.
15. Think ahead. When it comes to meals and snacks, don’t “play it by ear”. If you know that every day at 4 you are starving and end up heading to the vending machine or newsstand for a candy bar, bring a snack. Losing weight is a formula—one that is different from the one that helped you to gain weight. So be prepared.
Want some hard and fast tips to keep your gut as healthy as possible? First off, why is gut health so important? The human gut is more complex than previously thought and has a huge impact on whole-body health. A healthy gut contributes to a strong immune system, heart health, brain health, improved mood, healthy sleep,and effective digestion, and it may help prevent some cancers and autoimmune…Read More
Recommended for You
We are now proudly selling Ancient Nutrition products. Check out some of the products you can find in the office below! Supplements and Nutrients: Ancient Multivitamin Men’s and Women’s TMC SBO Probiotics Ancient Omegas (Join Support) Elderberry Capsules Organic CBD Products: CBD Oil Tincture 40mg CBD Hemp Capsules (10mg and 20mg) also includes specific capsules…Read More