Struggling With Hip Pain That's Just Not Going Away?
Hip pain can be caused by a variety of factors, including injury, arthritis, and even prolonged sitting.
At Crist Chiropractic in Franklin, TN, our team, led by Dr. Jason Crist, specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of hip pain.
Hip pain can manifest in a variety of ways, including:
- Sharp pain in the hip joint
- A dull ache in the thigh or groin
- Stiffness or difficulty moving the hip
- Pain that worsens with activity or prolonged sitting
Hip pain can be caused by a variety of factors, including:
- Injury to the hip or thigh
- Arthritis in the hip joint
- Bursitis or tendonitis in the hip
- Prolonged sitting or standing
- Weakness in the muscles supporting the hip
How Do Chiropractors Treat Hip Pain?
Chiropractors can use several techniques, ranging from electrotherapy and manual adjustments to massage therapy and ultrasound, to treat hip pain.
One of the more common procedures is spinal manipulation, also known as chiropractic adjustment. Chiropractic adjustments can improve joint mobility by using controlled force on hip joints that have become restricted.
In most cases, the hip joint can be adjusted with a painless drop table technique that uses gravity to help correct issues with the hip joint. The joint is opened up, motion is improved, and people experience pain relief.
A chiropractor may also prescribe spinal decompression, stretches and exercises designed to strengthen weak muscles and improve flexibility with the goal of eliminating hip pain.
At Crist Chiropractic, we take a holistic approach to the treatment of hip pain. Our team will work with you to develop a customized treatment plan that may include:
- Spinal adjustments to alleviate pressure on the hip joint
- Stretching and strengthening exercises to improve muscle support
- Spinal decompression therapy, which has been proven to be effective in the treatment of herniated discs and pinched nerves, which can often be the cause of hip pain.
- Recommendations for lifestyle changes to reduce the stress on the hip joint, such as ergonomic changes to your workspace.
How Can a Chiropractor Treat Hip Pain?
What Should You Expect When You See a Chiropractor for Hip Pain?
- When you visit the chiropractor, you’ll be asked a lot of questions about your medical history. A physical exam is also involved, as well as the possible use of imaging to get a better picture of the hip area.
- One thing that makes chiropractic care for hip pain more attractive is that it is usually noninvasive. While there may be mild discomfort, you shouldn’t feel extreme pain. There is no surgery involved.
- People typically feel an improvement immediately after a chiropractic adjustment. There are some conditions that require multiple visits with regular exercise before they get better.
Getting the Most Out of Your Chiropractic Visits
Preparation is key to getting the most out of your chiropractic visits. Jot down any symptoms you have had.
Thoughtfully record your medical history -- you’d be surprised what important facts you might forget to mention that you only remember after your appointment. Think about previous injuries, sports activities, or physical exertion that could impact your hips.
If your pain is radiating from your hip to other parts of your body, tell your chiropractor. Also, let them know if a particular movement or stretch improves the pain. All of this information is important because the end goal is to help you restore hip function.
What are the Major Causes of Hip Pain?
Arthritis is a major cause of hip pain, affecting older adults more than younger individuals.
Arthritis in the hip-joint is inflammation that causes the cartilage that cushions your hip bones to break down. Arthritis-related hip pain can gradually get worse. You may gradually feel increased stiffness and a reduction of mobility.
Tendinitis can also cause hip pain. Your tendons are thick bands of tissue that connect your muscles to your bones. If you have tendinitis, your tendons are irritated or inflamed. Tendinitis is caused by overuse and repetitive stress.
If you’re experiencing hip pain that makes it difficult to enjoy life, it might be time to see how chiropractic care can help. Give Crist Chiropractic a call today to schedule your appointment.
Don't let hip pain keep you from living your best life.
At Crist Chiropractic, located in the Cool Springs area of Franklin, TN, our team led by Dr. Jason Crist, is dedicated to helping our patients find relief from hip pain and improve their overall quality of life. Contact us today to schedule your appointment.