Sciatica Symptoms and Treatment for Sciatic and Neck Pain
- If you have sciatica, neck pain or maybe lower back discomfort, the issue could be originating from nerve irritation. People regularly mistakenly blame the muscles for discomfort or numbness in a limb when in fact the issues results from a nerve. Unless the sciatic nerve is treated by someone, like a chiropractor, the symptoms will persist as treating only the muscle is treating a spinoff of the nerve irritation in relation to a misalignment or injury of the spine. So, what are the main sciatica symptoms? The main signs of nerve irritation are discomfort, insensibility, tingling and numbness.
- The trapped nerve is the most common sort of nerve irritation and happens when a nerve exits the spine it can become pinched between 2 bones or maybe compressed by a bulging or otherwise unhealthy disk. Stenosis can also cause pinched nerves which is a bony overgrowth that shrinks the exit canal for spinal nerves. A chiropractor can use the location of the pain to find the source of the pinching. Pinching in the neck can cause tingling or agony in the shoulders, arms and hands and pinching in the back, like sciatica, can cause pain or tingling in the legs and feet. Certain types of adjustments will be used dependent on the cause of the trapped nerve.
- The trapped nerve is a nerve that has become stuck to surrounding soft tissue such as muscles or ligaments and is mostly the result of repeated motion. So how can this happen? When a repeated motion happens, the rubbing of the nerve against the more delicate tissue can lay down scar tissue and cause the nerve to stick to the tissue. Persistent muscle contraction can also have a similar effect. Both situations deprive the delicate tissue of oxygen and cause the scar tissue to form and the sticking process to worsen.
- One thing to notice is that occasionally these wounds can be forming for years before symptoms become agonizing enough to cause concern. This is similar to a cavity decaying over time.
- Because these kinds of sciatica nerve irritation can be painful and cause lasting damage it is very important to consult a chiropractor as quickly as symptoms happen and not just presume that the issue originates with the muscle. Sciatica nerve irritation can adversely affect your life and relief does exist. Call our office in Cool Springs: Crist Chiropractic and Wellness to set up an appointment now at 2025 Mallory Lane; Franklin, TN 37067. (615) 771-0022.
Bulged Disc vs. Herniated Disc Some people think bulged discs and herniated discs are the same thing. However, this is not true. A herniated disc is cracked along the annulus, which is the outside part of the disk. This type of crack occurs in a small section of a disc, and causes a rupture in…Read More
Sacroiliac pain is that nagging pain in your lower back and hips that worsens during weight bearing activities such as walking. The pain is a result of inflamed sacroiliac joints, which are located in the “dimpled” area at the base of your spine. This is where your sacrum connects to your pelvis. These sacroiliac joints…Read More
Recommended for You
More than 80% of North Americans report back and neck pain. That’s a pretty significant number of people in constant pain; stiffness, discomfort and disability may linger on long after the original injury is healed. Most back and neck pain can be traced to the discs within the spine with herniations, bulges, and degeneration most…Read More