Treat Fibromyalgia Pain and Symptoms at Franklin, TN’s Top Chiropractic Practice
Did you know that fibromyalgia shares many symptoms with other conditions? Fibromyalgia is one of the most difficult conditions to diagnose correctly. If you suffer from common symptoms such as widespread pain or numbness and tingling, schedule an appointment for fibromyalgia chiropractic treatment at Franklin, TN’s top chiropractic practice.
The Causes and Symptoms of Fibromyalgia
Fibromyalgia is a chronic condition characterized by widespread pain, fatigue, cognitive problems, sleep issues and moodiness. It frequently occurs in women.
The onset of symptoms can occur over time or after a single event, such as a trauma, infection, psychological stress or surgery. Fibromyalgia also occurs alongside other conditions such as irritable bowel syndrome, mental health disorders such as depression and anxiety, TMJ and tension headaches. It frequently runs in families. There is no specific cause or cure, but there are treatments.
The symptoms of fibromyalgia include:
- A constant ache — The ache lasts for several months and occurs on both sides of the body, as well as above and below the waist. Discomfort may include numbness and tingling.
- Fatigue — Even after sleeping for a long period, you still feel very tired. Pain may disrupt sleep, and patients with fibromyalgia may also have sleep apnea or restless legs syndrome.
- Fibro fog — Cognitive difficulties prevent the ability to focus on certain tasks.
- Co-existing problems — People with fibromyalgia report experiencing depression, abdominal discomfort and headaches. Rheumatoid arthritis and lupus also occur alongside fibromyalgia.
- Other health problems — Many experience other health problems such as sensitive skin, including sensitivity to chemicals, as well as menstrual cramping, dizziness, memory problems and general malaise.
Treat Fibromyalgia Pain and Symptoms Without Medicine
Medication is the most commonly suggested treatment for fibromyalgia. Over-the-counter drugs such as acetaminophen or ibuprofen may help, or even antidepressant or anti-seizure drugs such as duloxetine or pregabalin. If you want to manage fibromyalgia pain without medication, our alternative treatment program may help.
Crist Chiropractic & Wellness of Cool Springs, TN offers the region’s leading alternative fibromyalgia pain management program. Adequate self-care is essential to living a healthy and relaxed lifestyle with fibromyalgia. At Crist Chiropractic & Wellness, Dr. Crist can assess your health and habits to recommend critical adjustments. These may include:
- Acupuncture, massage therapy, yoga and tai chi — These alternative practices have shown effectiveness at relieving the symptoms of fibromyalgia.
- Effective stress reduction techniques — Reducing stress can help relieve the severity of symptoms.
- Personalized sleep and exercise recommendations — Sleep and exercise are critical for improving overall health.
- Dietary and other lifestyle recommendations — Living in moderation and consuming a diet comprised of healthy nutrients play strong roles in overall health and wellness.
Crist Chiropractic & Wellness: Effective Alternative Treatment for Fibromyalgia in Cool Springs, TN
Strong painkillers and surgery are not necessary to treat this condition. If you have received a diagnosis of fibromyalgia, schedule an appointment with Dr. Crist for a second opinion.
The Tennessee Chiropractic Association named Dr. Crist the leading chiropractor in the state, and he has the experience and training you need to accurately diagnose this difficult-to-identify disease. Let Dr. Crist and the team of professionals at Crist Chiropractic & Wellness help you live a healthier and more satisfying lifestyle.
Crist Chiropractic & Wellness accepts most insurance plans. Contact Dr. Crist to schedule a consultation.