More than 1 million Tennesseans are at risk of hunger every day. In middle Tennessee alone, hunger impacts 1 in 6 adults and 1 in 4 children. This September, Crist Chiropractic is proud to be partnering with Second Harvest Food Bank of Middle Tennessee to help those in need and you can help out!
From September 14th – September 30th, we will be holding a Food Drive to help stock the shelves of Second Harvest and their 450 partner agencies which include food shelves, youth programs, ministeries, senior nutrition and many more. As an added incentive, every time you schedule an appointment and bring in a non-perishiable food item to donate your name will be added into a drawing for a $250 Publix Gift Card. Your name will be entered for each item you donate, with no limit to the number of items you can donate! Foods high in protein and vitamins and minerals are some of the items to consider donating as well as the following items that are most in need:
- Peanut Butter
- Canned Chicken or Tuna
- Canned Fruits and Vegetables
- Canned or Dry Soups & Stews
We will also be doing fun awareness activities during the food drive in the Crist Chiropractic lobby to help raise awareness! Photos will be shared on our social media sites and we encourage you to do the same with #HungerActionTN to show your support in the fight against hunger and to help bring awareness to others.
Sept 14th – 18th: Post a Plate Project – Write a message about hunger on an empty plate and have your photo taken to post to show your support.
Sept 21st – 25th: Spoontember – Have a picture taken with the Hunger Action icon, an orange spoon, balancing on your nose!
Here is a list of articles you may enjoy:
- I’m a #MilkDrive Dad Raising Donations for Feeding America … – I am raising donations for the Great American Milk Drive to benefit Feeding America. #MilkDrive.
- Nielsen and Feeding America Collaborate to “Map the Meal … – Feeding America publishes its Map the Meal Gap findings in order to help food banks and anti-hunger advocates understand the challenges facing food-insecure families in their communities, as well as better communicate …
- Feeding America | 1:Face Charity Watch – Close to a billion people – one-eighth of the world’s population – still live in hunger. Each year 2 million children die through malnutrition. This is.